Prof. Drs. R.Sybren TIJMSTRA
TIMS Holding B.V. (including SIMS International)
Frederik Hendrikplein 45
2582 BA The Hague
+31 70 215 8697
1972 - University of Lausanne, diploma course
1975 - Doctoral General Political and Social Sciences, University of Amsterdam
1984 - Leadership Programme, Georgetown University Washington D.C., USA
Dutch - mother tongue
English - fluent
French - fluent
German - reasonable
Spanish - passive
Emeritus Professor Sybren Tijmstra has over 30 years of experience in management education, management development and strategic management consultancy.
Over the years he has assisted companies in their strategy development process and its implementation.
His teaching and research activities are predominantly in World & European business dynamics, international business strategy and to a lesser extend in organisational consequences of internationalisation, cross-cultural communication and management
Specialties: International strategy, entrepreneurship, change management, cross-cultural management , management development and management education
IV. Professional Experience
- Chairman and Managing Director of TIMS Holding B.V. Management-Consultancy and Education, The Netherlands
- Visiting professor at University College Dublin , Utrecht University and IBO Business School
- Emeritus Professor of International Strategy & Management at IAE University of Aix-Marseille, France
- Emeritus Professor of Strategy and Change Management at Audencia Nantes School of Management , France
Professor of International Strategy & Management at IAE University of Aix-Marseille, France
Partner Aix Consulting Group
Distinguished Professor of Strategy and Change Management at Audencia Nantes School of Management , France
Chairman & Managing Director of SIMS International Ltd. (Strategic Interactive Management Simulations) sold in December 2013 to TIMS Holding B.V.
Academic Director of Implementare (Management Development & Consultancy)
Director of In-company and International Programmes IBO, Instituut voor Bedrijfskundige Opleidingen, Slot Zeist, The Netherlands.
Director General and Professor of International Management at EAP-European School of Management, Paris-Oxford-Berlin-Madrid.
As part-time interim manager Director of Marketing and Communication Europe at EAP.
Director of International Programs at Institute of Strategic Management Europe (part-time) a part of CSC (Computer Science Corporation).
Director International Conference and Study Centre ICSC University of Twente, The Netherlands (from 1989 onwards on a part-time basis).
Director General European Foundation for Management Development, Belgium.
During this period he created a European business school for the EC in Beijing (which developed into CEMS) as well as an MD network for banks, the European Women's Management Development Network (EWMD) and the European Business Ethics Network (EBEN).
Director Management Development Centre and Director International Affairs Nijenrode University, The Netherlands
Assistant of the President and Director of International Nijenrode University
V. Some examples of activities
In the context of corporate universities:
• Acted as Knowledge Manager of the Workgroup Company Universities of the European Foundation for Management Development from 2000 till 2003.
• Conducted in 2001with Mr.M.H.J.M.Linders MBA RB a study for and amongst 43 corporate universities in The Netherlands on best practice.
• Assisted companies like: ADL Consultants, ARTTIC, Cap Gemini, Imtech, ING, PGGM, Raet, SHV, Swiss Re.
Designed and/or managed and/or delivered in-company, consortium and open courses and seminars in cooperation with:
American College (USA), Ashridge (UK), CIIM (Cyprus), CPA (France), EADA (Spain), EASM (Spain), EOI (Spain), ESC Nantes-Atlantique (France),IFL (Sweden), INSEAD (France), ISIDA (Italy), ISTUD(Italy), LIFIM (Finland), Wharton (USA),University College Dublin(Ireland),University of Sao Paulo(Brazil).
Management (training) experiences in countries such as:
Brazil, China , Cyprus, Denmark, Ireland, Israel, Italy, France, Hungary , Malaysia, Poland , Spain, Singapore, Switzerland, The Netherlands, UK, USA.
Institution building experiences in countries such as:
China, Cyprus, Israel, Italy, France, Spain and The Netherlands.
Delivered executive education programmes on:
• World Business Trends
• European Business Environment
• International Strategy
• International Expansion Strategy
• International Management
• Organisational Consequences of Internationalisation
• Inter-cultural Management
• Corporate Universities